Published 20 March 2020 | by Elysia Gibb
New Zealand is now in lockdown for the next 4 weeks....please follow the rules.
As the COVID-19 virus continues to create uncertainty for us all, we at Film Bay of Plenty would like to update you on the measures we are taking to manage as much as possible the impact the pandemic is having on our industry. Like everyone, we are monitoring the daily updates issued by the Government and the Ministry of Health. Unfortunately, we acknowledge that many people will have their livelihoods affected by Productions having to stall filming or businesses having to pull back on resources to get through the next little while. If you have lost your job or can't work at the moment the Government has put measures in place to help you through:
You may be eligible for a 12-week wage subsidy as of today. Lump payment for 12 weeks $585 per week full time $350 per week part-time. You can apply only for the next 12 weeks. They endeavour to pay within 5 days of applying.
This can be accessed by self-employed and sole traders, or by businesses to support wages for staff. Read the info below to see if you qualify. This is for Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Link for businesses to get staff subsidy ($150,000 max)
Full info can be read here
To stay updated on COVID-19 please refer to these resources for information and advice:·
- New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Health guidance to self-isolation
- World Health Organisation
- New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade’s Safe Travel website Immigration
- A guide to preventing and addressing social stigma around COVID-19 (pdf)
- Government advice for businesses
- Updated Advice for Mass Gatherings, Tikanga, Travel and Practical Aspects of Self Isolation
- Screen Sector Covid-19 Action Group
- Covid-19 Business Support in Tauranga
Otherwise please stay safe, abide by the lockdown rules and look after yourselves and one another.
CEO Anton Steel and the team and Film Bay of Plenty
Keep up to date
Keep updated on all the news in the Film Bay of Plenty industry
We publish regular newsletters, press releases, event information and reminders of submission and registration deadlines for a range of events. To stay connected, sign up to our email newsletter, follow us on Facebook or Instagram.