JOB: WAIARIKI FILM STUDIOS PROJECT MANAGER
Currently, in development and looking to be located in Rotorua, Waiariki Film Studios is establishing an integrated film production hub that is culturally diverse and environmentally sustainable.
Published 25 February 2020 | by Elysia Gibb
Waiariki Film Studios Limited Project Manager
Who are we?
Currently in development and looking to be located in Rotorua, Waiariki Film Studios is establishing an integrated film production hub that is culturally diverse and environmentally sustainable.
The Waiariki Film Studios Project Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors of Waiariki Film Studios Limited.
We are looking to build a film studio and production hub in Rotorua. This is currently budgeted as a $24 Million project. We are seeking a project manager to oversee the development of this. This is an initial 6 month contract that can be renewed / continued upon agreement by both parties.
The ideal project manager will have a background in large scale infrastructure development and / or film studio management and will be answerable to the Board of Directors of Waiariki Film Studios Limited (made of up 2 representatives each from Film Bay of Plenty and Steambox Collective Charitable Trust as well as one independent). An understanding of Tikanga Māori will also be helpful for this role.
We need a project manager to tie together the various threads of this development project. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Working with the various stakeholders towards realisation of the entity
- • Liaising with potential investors & assisting with due diligence to secure investment
- • Investigating potential partnerships with overseas Studio Entities
- • Pitching for and bringing in new investment to the project
- • Forming Partnerships for “Waiariki Film Studios Property” and “Waiariki Film Studios Management”. Working with the Board of Directors and ensuring all necessary legal contracts are drawn up to meet the interests and satisfaction of the project investment partners interests
- • Working with Rotorua Lakes Council towards gaining the appropriate resource consents for land once identified
- • Engaging architects / engineering firms in the design of the complex
- • Engaging with developers and ensuring that construction deadlines and budget targets are met
- • Working with potential tenants such as tertiary institutes and local production houses
- • Developing the marketing plan for the studios
- • Develop Website for entity
- • Keep the Board / Project Committee informed on communications, events, activities and accounts and appropriately manage and communicate any issues that may arise from time to time.
- • Ensure External Stakeholders are up to date on developments of the entity.
- • Maintain a professional and positive image for Waiariki Film Studios in engagement with all stakeholders.
- • Key internal engagement:
- - Project Board of Directors
- • Key external engagement:
- - Film Bay of Plenty and Steambox Collective Trust
- - Screen industry service providers
- - National and international producers, directors, location managers, production managers, production designers, etc.
- - Education providers including tertiary institutes and secondary schools
- - Council staff at all levels across the Bay of Plenty
- - Economic development agencies, e.g. Rotorua Economic Development, Bay of Connections
- - Investors and Funding bodies
- - Potential Land owners
Core Competencies and Conditions
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- • Experience with establishing and maintaining data and information management systems
- • Experience with accounts coding, invoicing, and reporting using Xero or similar.
- • Full drivers licence & own transport
- • Own laptop and mobile phone
- • NZ residency.
To request more information Email email@example.com To apply Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact details for 2 referees. Applications close 19th March 2020.
Keep up to date
Keep updated on all the news in the Film Bay of Plenty industry
We publish regular newsletters, press releases, event information and reminders of submission and registration deadlines for a range of events. To stay connected, sign up to our email newsletter, follow us on Facebook or Instagram.